British Journal of Nursing, Vol. 19, Iss. 18, 14 Oct 2010, pp 1207 - 1207
Many people who work in the public sector are bracing themselves for the oncoming cuts which are going to affect the country over the next few years. There have always been ups
and downs with regard to the availability of funding for services, but the present cuts are probably going to be among the worst in living memory. The Government seems intent on solving the country's financial deficit as soon as possible, and it is therefore determined to save money wherever it can. In terms of the healthcare service, reassurances have been given
that there will be no cuts affecting 'front-line' services, but recent reports coming in from many nurses who work in clinical practice indicate that cuts are starting to happen, and patient care services are being affected. For example, nursing services are not being allowed to recruit staff when someone leaves, or more use is been made of bank staff or those who are not
full-time employees of the service.
Why purchase a paper only subscription?
- Read high quality peer-reviewed articles such as this and many more covering all aspects of nursing and career development in a way which is clear, easy-to-read and useful to your daily practice.
- British Journal of Nursing contains the best clinical information, original research and evidence-based articles available to nurses to ensure that you are kept fully up to date with the latest developments taking place in nursing practice.
- Get British Journal of Nursing delivered regularly to your door, subscribe online now and receive an exclusive discount on your subscription!
Alternatively, download this article now!
The full-text of this article is available to download at www.internurse.com.
internurse.com is the UK’s largest archive of nursing articles containing over 14,500 articles dating back to 1996 from 13 prestigious and peer-reviewed journals published by MA Healthcare, including British Journal of Nursing, British Journal of Community Nursing, Journal of Wound Care, International Journal of Palliative Nursing and Practice Nursing. For a full list of journals contained on internurse.com, please visit http://www.internurse.com/cgi-bin/go.pl/library/journals.html.
- Subscribe to internurse.com
Subscribe to internurse and take full advantage of the complete internurse archive including British Journal of Nursing for a year
- 24 hour access to internurse.com
Take out our 24 hour access to the entire internurse archive including British Journal of Nursing for a day
- Simply purchase this article