Kathryn A. Robb, Samuel George Smith , Emily Power, Ines Kralj-Hans, Maggie Vance, Jane Wardle, Wendy Atkin
British Journal of Nursing, Vol. 20, Iss. 4, 23 Feb 2011, pp 210 - 218
This article describes a study that set out to explore the experience of endoscopy nurse practitioners participating in the Department of Health-funded UK Nurse-led Flexible Sigmoidoscopy Colorectal Cancer Screening Pilot. Semi-structured interviews were conducted with the three nurse practitioners involved and were analysed using Thematic Analysis, a qualitative method for analysing and reporting patterns (themes) within data. Nurse practitioners found that participating in the study improved their skills and provided job satisfaction despite the hard work it entailed. A varied workload consisting of diagnostic and screening procedures, in addition to the other duties of nurse practitioners, may be desirable for nurses working in the field of gastroenterology.
Why purchase a paper only subscription?
- Read high quality peer-reviewed articles such as this and many more covering all aspects of nursing and career development in a way which is clear, easy-to-read and useful to your daily practice.
- British Journal of Nursing contains the best clinical information, original research and evidence-based articles available to nurses to ensure that you are kept fully up to date with the latest developments taking place in nursing practice.
- Get British Journal of Nursing delivered regularly to your door, subscribe online now and receive an exclusive discount on your subscription!
Alternatively, download this article now!
The full-text of this article is available to download at www.internurse.com.
internurse.com is the UK’s largest archive of nursing articles containing over 14,500 articles dating back to 1996 from 13 prestigious and peer-reviewed journals published by MA Healthcare, including British Journal of Nursing, British Journal of Community Nursing, Journal of Wound Care, International Journal of Palliative Nursing and Practice Nursing. For a full list of journals contained on internurse.com, please visit http://www.internurse.com/cgi-bin/go.pl/library/journals.html.
- Subscribe to internurse.com
Subscribe to internurse and take full advantage of the complete internurse archive including British Journal of Nursing for a year
- 24 hour access to internurse.com
Take out our 24 hour access to the entire internurse archive including British Journal of Nursing for a day
- Simply purchase this article